U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: ferric oxalate

Re: ferric oxalate

Juan,

Many people tried to substitute Ammonium Iron(III) Oxalate (AFO) in place
of Iron(III) Oxalate (FO) for making Kallitypes (including me).
Unfortunately as Alberto says Ammonium Iron(III) Oxalate + Silver Nitrate
will form insoluble compounds and won't work well (or won't work at all).
See "Satista" process for using AFO with Silver Nitrate:

http://www.alternativephotography.com/process_satista.html

I tried this also, the result wasn't good -> but I must admit I didn't try
enough/hard, just one trial... Try and see it yourself. Marek Matusz and
Philippe Ayral have very nice Satista prints -> maybe they'll chime in to
provide information with all the experience they have.

6 Nisan 2009, Pazartesi, 9:22 am tarihinde, Alberto Novo yazmış: