U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Gamblin PVA as size--help

Gamblin PVA as size--help

Folks: I coated some FAB with full strength Gamblin PVA as a size for gum. Dried for four days. The gum coating fisheyed like I have never seen before. The color streaked badly. The 10 x 10 test matrix printed essentially binary--about half paper white and half dark blue. As I lifted the print out of the water most of the blue slid off--I think that's called "sloughing." A second try with a little tween wasn't any better and a third with a lot of tween wasn't either.
Do you use everclear? Thick than normal gum? Eye of newt?
Thanks for any advice. Charles Portland Oregon