U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: pt/pd stops and a neat web find

RE: pt/pd stops and a neat web find

Chris, Pardon me, for not considering you a PT/PD printer. By the framing of
the question I am now confused though. Are you calling NA2 a viable
alternative but not someone that uses AFO/FO mix? I would call the use of
the "NA2" contrast agent a relatively new thing, but not more important than
AFO with ammonia based platinum.

The scale of the developers is different as well.

And what you get at the Formulary is different than what you get at B&S and
certainly can be different from what one makes themselves. If you're going
to quote scales, I think it might be wise to quote family trees of the
platinum/palladium branches. You might also want to make time comparisons,
as paper changes within a brand name could contribute to shifts in scale.

Some old time formulas were just plain wrong too, so I don't know if looking
at them without taking that into account will get you very far. The project
with the Getty is collecting information on formulations and print quality,
I don't know if anyone has submitted step scales with various formulations
or not.

 Eric

Eric Neilsen
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9