U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: super high gloss inkjet paper?

Re: super high gloss inkjet paper?

Fuji Flex Super Gloss.
Forget inkjet gloss if you're looking for true gloss.  Any inkjet gloss will have ink droplets on the surface and... well you know will not be the glossiest.  Of course your question was glossy inkjet.  But if you are looking for that amazing glossy look check this paper out.
I don't like glossy papers because the lighting has to be just right or else everybody is going to be bobbin to and fro dodging the reflexions off that shiny surface of the print.
The difference for the most part of the ultrachrome and K3 inks are the bronzing issue has been greatly reduced and Epson is selling a bunch of new printers ;)  ya, there are other changes not so great in mho for the price of upgrade.
Drying inkjet prints should be done by Epson's instructions, the website has those instructions.  The pigment carrier is a humectant that doesn't readily air dry and so needs those steps to prevent the out gassing that many experience when framing newly printed inkjet prints behind glass or acrylic.
Nano tech... Yes, in this case smaller is better!  But Fuji Super Gloss is still better.
Hope this helps.
David