U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Alt print on Glass?

Re: Alt print on Glass?

Carborundum is very hard and used for grinding tough stuff. You can buy a carborundum block to aid in the
sharpening of knives and it comes in various grits.
A quality sandpaper of fine (600 or slightly less) grit like that in a wet-or-dry type can give a slight texture
to glass. I use a grittier version to sand the edges of glass cut for framing photographs.
Also, you can purchase hydrofluoric acid (of course wear gloves and eye protection as well as a high quality
mask if you work indoors) to etch glass.
Jack F