U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: converting anhydrous to mono...?

Re: converting anhydrous to mono...?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Viapiano" <viapiano@pacbell.net>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 8:11 AM
Subject: converting anhydrous to mono...?

Hi all...

I'm making PO developer today and I need to convert anyhdrous Potassium Carbonate (what I have) to its mono (what I need) equivalent in weight.

Does anyone have the conversion factor and a reference...?

Much thanks...

Paul
Are you sure of this formula? It may have lost something in translation somewhere because it is _sodium_ carbonate that is often specified as being in the monohydrated form in photographic formulas. AFAIK there is no such thing as monohydrated potassium carbonate.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA