To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 1:40 PM
Subject: RE: converting anhydrous to mono...?

I'd bet it's like you said. Since I don't do develop-out pt/pd I don't
have an idea how much effect has slight changes in the developer
concentration to the development action / result... OTOH, thinking about
people using their developer *for years* only replenishing the lost volume
with fresh and filtering occasionally (not even mentioning the
accumulation of dissolved unexposed sensitizer!), it doesn't look like
something of exact science anyway...

20 Mayıs 2009, Çarşamba, 11:23 pm tarihinde, Don Bryant yazmış:
Loris,

I purchase my potassium carb. from the ChemistryStore.com. It arrives as a
dry crystalline state and stays that way in the sealed bucket. Actually I
never concerned myself about the type of pot. carb. I measure out the pot.
carb. and oxalic acid and mix in a 5 gal. plastic pail. Nothing could be
easier.

I use distilled H2O. I check the pH after everything is mixed. It's a bit
of
work but not that bad.

Just remember Macbeth ~ " Like a hell-broth boil and bubble. Double,
double
toil and trouble;"

Well not so much trouble just a little work.

Don