U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Casein -> it's the paint

Re: Casein -> it's the paint

Thank you very much for the long reply Guido. Was very helpful.
Casein/acrylic has an interesting and pretty different look for sure.

Now, I'm most interested by the fact that you can print casein on "gesso"
or "latex paint". That's half the reason of why I'm interested with casein
(the other half being to print w/ much more pigment compared to gum - as
pointed by Alberto and others before.) even if I have a gut feeling that
the transparent nature of gum will still remain better/more aesthetic to
my eyes, though...

I want to print on unusual media such as Yupo, polyurethane (or, more
likely alkyd resin) sealed wood, aluminum sheets and glass; casein seems
to have more potential - w/o loosing simplicity - in that area. (Have to
re-visit that beer/waterglass coating too...)

One other useful piece of information (for the purpose stated above) is
Marek's (and Don's) descriptions of using foam rollers to apply emulsion.
Brushing on impermeable media (and doing it as evenly as possible) is
pretty hard; my expectation is that learning to use a foam roller will
facilitate things considerably.

Thanks to all again, hoping to return to the subject later with something
worth to show.

25 Mayıs 2009, Pazartesi, 11:08 pm tarihinde, Guido Ceuppens yazmış: