U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Casein vs. gum

Casein vs. gum

 All,
Palladium on vellum keeps me quite busy and I am not quite ready to jump into another process, but the casein tread got me thinking. One aspect of gum printing, that I was never happy with is to try to emulate very thin watercolour washes. When you put thin watercolour layers and mixes on paper the color is crisp and luminous. A weakly pigmented gum layer is dull to the eye. Perhaps another pigment carrier (like casein) might do better in this aspect.
Any comments from experienced casein users?
Marek

Insert movie times and more without leaving HotmailŪ. See how.