U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: making PO developer

Re: making PO developer

Paul,
is this the first time that you prepared it?
Is your tap water particularly hard? If so, your precipitate is calcium oxalate. Perhaps not harmful, but I would prefer to filter or decant it.
Alberto
Hi all...
Last week, I made my potassium oxalate developer. I haven't used it yet, but notice that there is a decent amount of precipitate in the bottom of the bottle. Not matter how much I shake it up, the next day it's still there.
Should I just filter this out? ...or be worried about anything else?
Thanks...
Paul