U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Polymer Plate: was Gravure Pigment Tissue was Fwd: RE: KlausPollm

RE: Polymer Plate: was Gravure Pigment Tissue was Fwd: RE: KlausPollmeier

Hi Mark,

Thank you for enlightening the process further. I have noticed the easy scratching of the plates too; your ink has to be very clean and free from any abrasive dirt and clumps in it. And it looks like almost every package of Toyobo is a little different, often it will take a plate or two to make tests to get you back where you were with the previous package.

I have mostly seen polymer prints pulled by graphic artists and printmakers, who were printing in more intuitive ways, without caring or knowing too much about photographic sensitometry. So it is really nice to learn of your work on the process!

With my colleague Pirkko we had the chance to view your prints at APIS, and they were beautiful! We had something to ask you about the works, but we didn't see you any more after the first day, you disappeared somewhere ... or was it us who disappeared - we had so many things to see in Santa Fe and APIS ;)

Regards,
Jalo

V E D O S
Alternative Processes in Photography & Printmaking
Satakunta University of Applied Sciences
Faculty of Business and Culture Kankaanpää
Paasikivenkatu 24, Box 76
FI-38701 Kankaanpää
vedos@samk.fi
http://vedos.samk.fi