U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: About sizing gum: Hey -- READ THE LIST !!!

Re: About sizing gum: Hey -- READ THE LIST !!!

I have read the list, I even went back and searched the archives, but I am looking for a non-glyoxal solution. Why? I've had a number of prints ruined by the sizing yellowing when using glyoxal. This yellowing does not wash out and even printing the day following sizing I have a problem with it. The glyoxal was purchased from both Bostick and Sullivan and Photo Formulary with the same result. I switched to formalin sizing and have had no problems, but now with no spacious (and well-ventilated) garage or porch location to use for sizing I was curious about other options and what others are doing.

I am going to try putting a rack in the bathroom where I can stack up fiberglass window screens for drying the paper, but I'll have to install them to go above the shower curtain rod for lack of space. There's no way I can dry anything wet where I sleep, a 75lb 14-month old lab and her hair sees to that.

-Jeremy-