U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Glyoxal amounts

Re: Glyoxal amounts

Marek, I used exactly what you're using; 7 g gelatin in 200 ml water, or 3.5%. I did it just as you say you do it now: 1 cc 40% gyloxal in 200 ml 3.5% gelatin. I'm not sure what you mean by 2 coats; if you mean you size and dry and then size again, I couldn't be bothered, since the usual 3 cc per 200 ml works very well with one sizing, and I don't see any need to go to two. But the 1 cc per 200 ml produced staining for me on the second coat in, yes, well-aged paper (these had been sized for at least 3 months when I printed on them). As I said, I've gone back to the traditional formula, 3 cc 40% glyoxal in 200 ml 3.5% gelatin.