U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | gum negatives redux

gum negatives redux

Hi all...

I'm getting much better results using my QTR inkjet palladium negatives for pure gum purposes. Detail is much sharper with these contrasty negs and I'm getting a pretty full range of tones.

Exposures with 1:1 gum/dichromate ratio (pot di) are 6-7 min for highlights, 2 1/2 min for shadows and mids somewhere btw those.

This is for exposure in full blazing blue sky sun, Southern California style.

Still adjusting and experimenting, but happy to have a printing day that is not frustrating ;-)...of course, it's not over yet.

Paul