From: Tsuyoshi Ito [mailto:tito@projectbasho.org]
Sent: Saturday, September 26, 2009 8:50 AM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: ONCE AGAIN: RICHESON MAGIC BRUSH

Hi everyone,

Speaking of magic brushes, I am about to take orders for magic brushes

made in Japan. The pricing and other details will follow. Contact me

off the list if you are interested. I will go back to Japan in

December to order directly.

This brush is hand-made one by one by a brush maker in Tokyo. This

came about when I brought some Richeson brushes to a friend in Japan

My friend brought them to a rush artisan to take them apart and change

the handle to wood so there will be not rust issue. Then he later

discovered that he had very similar bristle in stock and came up with

the brush. Here is a picture of mine:

http://www.projectbasho.org/img/brush01.jpg

Since it is produced as made-to-order, we can make it as wide as you

want (with a practical limit..). It is a bit pricy and it is about the

price of two Richeson brushes (with a fluctuation of exchange rate).

But if you will have to replace once or twice, then this will make a

sense.

Please feel free to contact me with questions.

Warmly,

Tsuyoshi