Sent: Friday, October 02, 2009 10:45 AM
Subject: Re: haunted VDB

If I remember well from my Photographic Formulary book, a selenium toner can be done by mixing the selenium with sodium sulfite (in portuguese, sulfito de sódio, I don't know what it translates right; it's the usual one, so often used in many photographic formulas), in warm water. There is a precipitate that I never managed to get rid of, but I kept it and it never did any harm. Of course I could have filtered it, but I (naively) think that if I did I could nullify the effect ;-) . And yes, it's probably toxic (I'll let the ones that really know say something here), but if you do it in a ventilated environment I think it won't do you no harm.
Regards,
Rodolpho Pajuaba