To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Monday, October 12, 2009 8:01 AM
Subject: Re: Miracle size for gum

European printers, see this:
http://www.homecrafts.co.uk/products-Aquapel-Size_B532A.htm

2009/10/12 Loris Medici <mail@loris.medici.name>:
Christina, aquapel sounds extremely plausible to my ears, since it's
already used as an internal sizing agent in many papers which are
friendly to iron processes. (Most notably pure pt which is
incompatible with gelatin sizings AFAIK... Also new cyanotype and
argyrotype which are pretty picky about paper.) OTOH, aquapel comes in
different strengths and properties depending on the application (it's
also used as a concrete additive for instance), so one has to grab the
right one and use it in the right dilution in order to achieve with
the purpose. Meanwhile, aquapel could be a trademarked name for a
generic monomer/polymer, therefore I'm not sure how to ask about it to
chemistry suppliers.