U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: speaking of printers...

RE: speaking of printers...

Paul, This topic is being discussed on the Epson Wide Format group (yahoo)
right now. The page that Jeremy posted is linked there as well. I do not for
the life of me, understand the need for users to beg forgiveness for being a
PC user. I for one have had very few printer issues at upgrade time. And
like you, have seen the poor Mac folks, struggling with printer driver
issues every bloody time a new Apple OS is released. The combination of
Adobe, Apple and Epson ( although other are in that boat too) have made the
relatively simple idea of color management a nightmare for many. Most of the
support issues I deal with are Mac related due to poor understanding of how
things work.

My fear is that the work around posted on Luminous Landscape will become
know as a fix, rather than the work around it is and more confusion will be
started as to how to print with, use the CM to profile, print and work with
your images.

Eric Neilsen
Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9