U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: New home for list needed.

Re: New home for list needed.

850? how that?
i downloaded all the zip files and they have only 137mb - still unzipped and only the old archive (1994 - middle 06)
maybe the reason is because the old archive has all the information multiple times:
-accessible unzipped htmls files
-zips for each month
-zips for each year
-archives "en masse"

so maybe the real amout of webspace needed is a lot smaller.

phritz

Kees Brandenburg schrieb:

I have no idea what the total size would be, but since it is, with a few exceptions (and I'm not sure those attachments are archived) all text I don't think the archvies are, in total, very "big."
The complete listarchive from 1994 until today is 850 Mb. This is an archive with all messages and indexes as individual html files and all messages from 1994-2006 also in downloadable zip files as a bonus.

-kees