U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: The Democratic Answer to new home - VOTE

Re: The Democratic Answer to new home - VOTE

I also consider myself a lurker... but here's my 2 cents:

I suggest something other than the big G. Google owns everything you send to and through their servers. And they keep it all. Should the List ever decide to publish its collective wisdom -- or move the contents to another location, etc. Google could claim copyrights.
In my opinion, Google has done everything Dick Cheney ever dreamed of doing -- except they made it sing, dance and smile.

Barry Kleider

davidhatton@totalise.co.uk wrote:
Hi,
You may have all your lists set to suit you at the moment, but I guarantee you that some time in the future, it will come to pass that in order to have no advertising or popups et al, you will have to pay. I guarantee it. Google, Yahoo etc exist to make money from their server. They will find you and make you pay. So then you say 'I don't want to pay and I really do need what the list offers so hey, lets have the advertising' . And so it goes...I hate the very idea of the list on any of these search engine thingies. Malin has showed herself to be in it for the long term. I'm for that solution..

Davidh