[alt-photo] Nuarc 26-1K with metal halide bulb

david drake daviddrakephoto at sympatico.ca
Mon Apr 5 14:37:38 GMT 2010

Hello everyone,

I've recently purchased a Nuarc 26-1K.  I also got a Ushio metal
halide bulb to replace the bulb which came with it (as the original
was quite dark).
The new bulb does not work. The old one does work, so everything seems
to be working fine with the unit.
It seems that  the new bulb is defective or am I missing something?
I'm not sure if the old bulb is a metal halide; it has PA-GA 1000/1
printed on it.
The new Ushio bulb has a very small ball bearing rolling around
inside. Is this supposed to be there?

thanks for you help.

david

david drake photography