[alt-photo] Re: toning a kallitype with LiPd or CsPd

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Tue Apr 13 13:48:04 GMT 2010

Christina, I tried to tone Argyrotype once by mixing a Pd toner with LiPd
instead of the usual Pd salt and the result was weak / awful. I don't know
if that's the consequence of using LiPd instead the standard salt or my
incompetence in mixing the toner... (!?)

BTW, I'm pretty sure that toners behave similarly with Vandyke, Kallitype
and Argyrotype, therefore I think my experience with Agyrotype can be safely
imported to the context of Kallitype.

Hope this helps,
Loris.