[alt-photo] Re: Alternative sensitiser

sam wang samwang864 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 06:13:39 GMT 2010

Hello Peter,

Great to know that and to see your casein prints!

Many years ago I learned casein from Franklin Enos, who till now was the
only original source for the process that I know of. Franklin did a lot of
original research in the 50's while he was vice president of French's, and
had a copy of a patent but unfortunately I did not record the number.
Perhaps that was the Autotype patent? Would you by chance have a copy or
details about it?

Your method of using ferric ammonium citrate and hydrogen peroxide is very
interesting. I was using dichromate and a dilute solution of ammonia. I had
a hard time finding paper that allowed multiple printing without staining.
Obviously that's not the case with your method. I would be very interested
if you care to elaborate it further.

Thanks, Peter, for sharing!

Sam Wang