[alt-photo] Re: Alternative sensitiser

halvor halvor at ydl.net
Fri Apr 16 11:28:54 GMT 2010

Hi Kees ++ : -)

I "am here" still, but only read the list occasionally. Unfortunately I
have not had much time to do any printing the last years, or if time - no
money to do anything which is the current situation ..(anyone know of an
alt p job in Tokyo? : -)

zerochrome sounds good : -) I got hold of the chemicals for your method,
but have not been able to test it yet, it does seems very promising though.
If one can avoid the agar layer things do become a lot easier ...

as I am not printing at the moment it is a bit difficult to comment too
much here, but just quick -  (Peter) ferric "works" for gum arabic, but the
method is very unreliable and the result not good compared with normal
"chromed gum" (there is a strong dark reaction and the hardened gum is not
all that strong, but I have seen the odd image on-line made that way) ...,
however I did not manage to make it work with casein, obviously a question
of experience with the material  : -) (so it is nice to hear that it is
possible).

else regarding next mail in this thread (Francesc)

http://halvor.deviantart.com/art/Sesquichloride-of-Iron-33790868

a while since I did that test, but the ferric chloride method - positive
working, this with gelatin. Very low sensitivity, and unsharp in
"highlights" for thicker layers (which was my focus then) but easy to do, I
only did some tests but it looked promising.

Halvor