[alt-photo] Re: gold process

Alberto Novo alt.list at albertonovo.it
Thu Apr 29 07:04:41 GMT 2010

Christina,

> I see that he was teaching his process at a school in the eastern part of the US this year.

This was one of the reasons why I could not meet him. It seems that he is
frequently in the U.S.

> I am interested to know if it is chromo chemistry (which you can get a bronze/gold image with) or "pseudo lith" chemistry which produces a gold image but not metallic gold, just a golden yellow flat color like a print that has been not fully bleached by potassium ferricyanide.

In the italian text in his website it is clear that "gold" means the metal
and not "golden" as a color. From the description it looks a chromo with
gold instead of silver. His prints have not the characteristic blue to pink
hues of colloidal gold.
BTW: I hate also every reference to alchemy when speaking of photography...

Mario Stellatelli, a member of our group who died in 2007, was a master of
local toning and he was able to plate out in gold. Unfortunately, this was
happening at the end of his life and -unless I ask the permission to his
widow to rummaging through his notes- whe have not a description of his
process. You can see this toning/plating in particulars of his prints "Two
Inkpots", "In the Beginning..." and "The Boite a Joux Joux".
Just open www.grupponamias.com , then >authors > Stellatelli> Portfolio
"Homey Things 2000-2002".

How can I manage to read your article in Photo Technique?

Alberto
www.grupponamias.com
www.alternativephotography.com/articles/art102.html