[alt-photo] Re: gold process

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Thu Apr 29 14:23:02 GMT 2010

Wow, Alberto,

Those are really beautiful.  And the gold comes out in the image.  He obviously didn't scan them, as it may be that Dalla Tana did and why they appear that ochre color.

There has to be a connection between Dalla Tanna and Stellatelli somewhere, I bet...wouldn't you think?

If I were the widow, I would have no problem with a photographer contacting me at some later date with the thought that my husband's process would live on as the Stellatelli Gold Process.

The magazine is here:

http://phototechmag.com/

And I did sign a waiver/contract allowing them rights to put the article on their website free of charge so maybe write them and ask when that will happen. Probably not until this issue is replaced by the new one.

Until then the chems and the formulas are on freestyle's website in an article of mine there, and also Alan Bean's article, under the product if you google "chromo".

Here:
http://www.freestylephoto.biz/10945-Arista-Premium-BandW-Chromo-Activator-32-oz.-For-Chromoskedasic

But it is only my brush method of the process, not the tray.  Alan's is the tray method. And the developer that works best, IMHO in my article in PT, is Tektol. On Freestyle's website they have the MSDS for Tektol, so you can be the one to discover (as I ask in the article) why Tektol works so well with the process and Dektol not as well. One has suggested a lack of hydroquinone.

I hope that Photo Technique will allow Freestyle to put the article there, too.

I want to support Photo Technique as much as possible because it was one of the first magazines I got when I first started working in photography, and one of the few that had lots of technique in it.  In fact, it was in Photo Technique back in the 90's when I found Jolly's articles on silver mirror printing and such which started my teaching his processes in 2001. I have a stack of old Photo Techniques on my kitchen table right now that I am going through to pull articles and throw the magazine.  It used to be Camera and Darkroom, then Darkroom Techniques, then Photo Techniques and now redesigned as Photo Technique.

Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com