[alt-photo] Re: Pt/Pd printing Video

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 29 13:42:35 GMT 2010

I agree, Loris.  I just happen to know a couple of people who
consistently do some printing for others (again, not platinum
printing), and knowing what their material costs are for what they do,
I know they charge more than $50/hour, though they may not tell the
client the cost per hour, or break it down that way for them.  People
are better off, all the way around, doing their own printing-- if
that's at all possible for them-- but that's just my thought.  I've
done some printing for people before, and I did charge a lot-- mainly
because I felt it was a somewhat thankless job and it was my time--
but how much people are willing to pay for someone else to print their
work is always surprising to me. If the demand is there, you may as
well charge what you can get (law of supply and demand).  I always
think about how much my dentist charges (which seems outrageous to
me), and I figure I'm as good at what I do as he is at what he does--
you know, maybe even better-- though I do have a few crowns that look
really good.  Of course, they should.  They cost me a small fortune.

Diana