[alt-photo] Re: Arista II OHP transparencies/gum

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 30 03:12:49 GMT 2010

Hi Francis,

I hear you about those dings and marks-- as I've certainly been there,
but not with either Pictorico nor with the 2 boxes of Arista I've used
(and both boxes had the interleaving sheets of paper between each
transparency).  So I'm optimistic.  I have used only the 17x22 Arista
size, though.

I honestly don't see a big deal about not having a notched edge to
tell me which side to use.  Actually, I always thought that was a bit
of overkill in Pictorico's manufacturing/design.  Convenient, but not
really necessary.  If in doubt, just tell your students to remember
that the top side out of the (Arista) box is the correct side for
printing, or simply wet a finger and touch an edge.  The side that
sticks is the side that prints.  If not having that notched edge can
frustrate them, I shudder to think about what doing (some) alt
processes might do to them.  Cutting that edge for your students ahead
of time sure is nice of you-- and definitely above and beyond.  I'm
impressed.  They wouldn't be spoiled, would they?  ;)

As far as the 17x22 size, I assume that's because of a 17" carriage.  ??

Diana