[alt-photo] Re: gum curve question

henk thijs henk.thijs at hetnet.nl
Thu Aug 19 12:41:50 GMT 2010

Hi Cor,
Yes, i am aware of the problems, i used the film 'ages ago' with Dektol ten times diluted, and i could use the results.
But at that time i used interpositives made on Ilford multigrade - grade 0 or 1 when i remember well- , but now the interpositive is made by inkjet printing, and my question was : what about the difference in light-blocking . Is there some curve, or is it ok to make a fairly less contrasty digital  positive.
Just wondering about if the 'UV-light-inkjet-blocking' is also true for 'normal light'.
But ok, if i am wasting my time , i will contact you ..... but in what way do you use the stuff?
regards,
Henk

ps i will check the article; still a valuable source of information.
www.thijs-foto.com