[alt-photo] Re: "Altered Photography" - was Re: Re: "Alternative" printing?

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 14 19:03:39 GMT 2010

Well, I guess I'd prefer to see prints, or images, regardless of
process and reason for using it, labeled correctly.  Call it what it
is.  In my book, if it's a print that rolls out of a digital printer
(no matter how much imagination and alteration was used in the
making), and that's your final image-- then that's not an "alternative
process print."   It seems as simple as that to me.

Whether we're "feeling our way," or working in total confidence, we
can accurately represent what we're doing.  Otherwise, just call it it
"My image I made all by myself," and leave it at that.  (Or, like at
least one photographer I know, choose to keep what you do totally
secretive-- but at least he's upfront about that-- "My process is a
secret," he says.)

Diana