[alt-photo] Re: "Alternative Printing": Terms to define

Earl and Patty Johnson earlj at comcast.net
Mon Feb 15 12:40:17 GMT 2010

To get back to the original thought, is it only the print that
categorizes it as 'alternative' or 'alt-process'? That seems to be what
I am hearing from most of these posts. While this is a useful limitation
of the scope of an imprecise term, it leaves out some of the work that
has long been included in the alt-process category. Pinhole
photographers and wet-plate practitioners (I'm sure there are others)
whose prints do not fit the definition might object to being left out.