[alt-photo] Re: Fabriano EW soft press?

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Thu Feb 18 15:02:31 GMT 2010

Paul,
It is a very nice paper, with a regular weave pattern on the surface.  However, for my tastes, it is too...regular...so it almost resembles...hmmm, this is a crass comparison because it is not this bad, but when  people print digiprints on canvas.  Thus I have always stuck with hot or cold press from Fabriano.

That said, Sam Wang's gum prints on the soft press are glorious, as are Keith's that I have seen at his studio.  Some have said it is easier to coat.

I have never done pt/pd on any of the Fabrianos.  I'm not into oxalic soaking and all that bother so I stick with papers that don't need it.  But Kerik or Clay will chime in on this one.
Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com