[alt-photo] Re: Multi coat Gum -3rd+ coats tends to wash off

pfriedrichsen at sympatico.ca pfriedrichsen at sympatico.ca
Thu Feb 25 23:15:35 GMT 2010

John,

I reversed the layers by moving the cyan to the first layer rather
than the last. Funny that this allowed the top layer (now magenta) to
adhere well. There was a post that I found in the list archives of
Sept 2008 by Keith Gerling who suggested printing cyan first.

Now having said all of this, I still do believe that it shouldn't
matter which color goes first in terms of adhesion so I suspect that
the amount of dried gum left after development  must be in excess. I
will do some adjustments by diluting the gum concentration, and if
need be, the pigment load as well. Your suggestion of going over it
with a dry foam roller may also be worth a try however I do find that
the slightest pressure on the paper from a foam roller increases
staining, a tleast that was my experience when I gave it a go some time ago.

Peter Friedrichsen