[alt-photo] clearing pd prints...

Paul Viapiano viapiano at pacbell.net
Sat Feb 27 21:03:37 GMT 2010

Hello all, hope you're having a good weekend (besides all the new of snowstorms, earthquakes and tsunamis...jeez!)...so this is trivial compared to all that.

Over on APUG there is some discussion of using a 2% sodium sulfite solution before washing gelatin silver prints (instead of a HCA), is there anyone here who has used a similar solution when clearing palladium prints. I normally use Kodak HCA and it works great when clearing images on Fab EW...could I switch to plain sodium sulfite which is very inexpensive for my clearing purposes...?

Curious...and forgive me that I didn't take the time to search the archives here, esp if this is a dead horse issue ;-)

Paul