[alt-photo] Re: ware cyanotype paper sensitivity

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Sun Jan 10 05:19:44 GMT 2010

Earl,
Did you expose it?  I expose paper that turns blue-green (Fabriano Artistico does that to me regularly) and it works just fine. It may be that it is duller and lower contrast, though.

The problem with unsuitable paper and Ware's was that after exposure and developing you will get a yukky purple fog in all the highlights that really ruins the print.  But if you add citric acid to the Wares coating mix that takes care of that.  1 or 2 drops of 40% citric acid to 1 ml sensitizer or 1 g. citric acid to 100ml solution.

But you won't know if you get yukky purple fog or dull/low contrast blue until you expose and develop. At which point, use the citric.

Let us know.
Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com