[alt-photo] Re: ware cyanotype paper sensitivity

Paul Viapiano viapiano at pacbell.net
Mon Jan 11 16:35:32 GMT 2010

I say ar-jeer'-o-type

And talk about picayune processes. Argys can be a big disappointment.
Supposedly the buzz issue is: paper, paper, paper...but I find it way more
difficult to get a decent image than pt/pd or dare I say, gum. There, I said
it.

Sam's tip made all the difference and the only place I've heard about it was
here, from Sam himself. Add one part water to your coating mix and many
problems will resolve inlcuding bleeding, etc...and try to tone it before
the very weak fixer (2% sod thio).

But, paper is the thing. Fab EW works well after an acid soak, same deal as
pt/pd.

Good luck...let us know how it turns out.

Paul