[alt-photo] Re: 返: Re: Official press release about HPlarge formatnegatives

G Schmitz coldbay1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 12:54:11 GMT 2010

  On 7/16/10 2:39 AM, Keith Gerling wrote:
> Regarding Vermeer, there are arguments that he used a camera obscura in his
> work. As an aid in composition and to obtain that "alt look" that many of us
> seek.  I think is is very possible that he might have used an Epson with
> Photoshop had he the opportunity.  And why not?
>
> http://www.essentialvermeer.com/camera_obscura/co_one.html
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/british/empire_seapower/vermeer_camera_01.shtml
>
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 8:43 PM, Joseph Smigiel<smieglitz at gmail.com>  wrote:

==rest deleted: snip%<

It's probably a long shot to speculate on what Vemeer had in mind, but
lots of folks have written books about  just that sort of thing.

I'm thrilled by some of the responses to this thread because I do think
process informs the outcome.  The tools we choose to use do affect what
happens and how we think - like it or not.  To deny the effects of
process on the work we do is to live in a fools paradise.  For those of
you who do what you do for whatever reasons, EXCLUDING the marketplace -
spot on!

;)  --greg