[alt-photo] dichromate stain

zphoto at montana.net zphoto at montana.net
Thu Mar 4 20:40:33 GMT 2010

Paul,
(I keep sending from my wrong email address, so a resend.)

(Can you tell I am working my way down 100+ emails?) We sized the BFK
with 1 coat of 1+2 water.  Right off the bat.  No problem with stain
at all.  I told Marek I would come down to Houston and kiss him, which
one of these days I will :)

I ordered a dozen bottles of PVA at my MSU bookstore and will dispense
with the gelatin sizing method.  What is so great about teaching is I
will have 18 guinea pigs who will all use PVA in various manners and
working styles and if there is a problem to be had with PVA they will
discover it.  But even before this class, I told four of my former gum
students about it and all are using it and feeling like they died and
went to heaven.

I imagine Gamblin will not know what hit them with all of a sudden  a
huge run on PVA.
Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com

On Mar 3, 2010, at 10:55 AM, Paul Viapiano wrote:

> Christina...
>

> Tell me...are you using the PVA size right off the bat before the
> first layer?
>

> Are you laying down just one coat of PVA or several?
>

> Glad to hear you're getting great results!
>

> Paul
Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com