[alt-photo] SPE and Liquid light developer hardner and fixer dilutions

francis schanberger frangst at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 16:08:44 GMT 2010

My head is still groggy from the long SPE weekend and travel. Great to
finally meet Chris in person and Mark. Those were beautiful photo polymer
gravures. And one must hold Chris' Chromoskedasic Sabattier prints in order
to see them in all of their silvery goodness. I even liked the one that
didn't plate out.  Congratualtions to Stephanie Obernesser on selling work
there. I enjoyed talking to the undergraduate students about their
portfolios.

I need help with recipes relating to working with Liquid Light.

Chris James recommends using a Maco hardner in Dektol. Does anyone have a
recipe from scratch that could achieve the same thing?

Also, I have a dilution for hypo for use with VDB but not a "normal"
dilution for hypo for fixing papers. Working directions ask for a plain hypo
with a hardner added. Could I add some of the Kodak Rapid Fix solution B
(the sulfuric acid hardner) to the plain hypo to achieve this. Could someone
suggest a starting point?

Sodium Metabisulfite vs. Potassium Metabisulfite? Could I use the latter
instead of the former for the Kodak Kodak Fixer 24 recipe? If not is Sodium
Metabisulfite the one used in brewing beer? If so I can pick some up at the
beer, wine and home brewing store across town.

francis schanberger

www.frangst.com