[alt-photo] Re: "sustainable market for film"

Ryuji Suzuki rs at silvergrain.org
Thu Mar 25 21:15:56 GMT 2010

From: "BOB KISS" <bobkiss at caribsurf.com>
Subject: [alt-photo] Re: "sustainable market for film"
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 10:48:30 -0400

> 	Why do many Europeans shoot color neg film then scan to digital
> files?  My guess is that color neg film is very forgiving, can handle the
> strong spot lighting (SBR) that they like, and has a forgiving
> latitude...not like the Kodachrome 25 and E-6 film on which I cut my
> professional teeth in the mid 70s.  It also renders skin tones and texture
> very subtly.

I see. I think I see a trend that this side of atlantic is so
used to using a huge amount of translucent powder on skin and
use larger softbox than necessary to control for that...

> 	If you switch to Mount Gay rum make CERTAIN that you get the Extra
> Old.

Thanks for the advice but that was also my intention. When I
had Barbancourt I always got 5 stars...

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"People are sick in this country because they are poisoned [...]