[alt-photo] Re: Flatter than pure palladium?

Judy Seigel jseigel at panix.com
Mon Oct 4 19:58:19 GMT 2010

On Mon, 4 Oct 2010, etienne garbaux wrote:

> Jon wrote:
>
>> I'm keen to know if there is any way of further reducing  contrast or any
>> other ideas that might see me realising a print of  this negative.

In the REALLY old days, like practically before the invention of
electricity, we used to simply flash an exposed print to reduce
contrast... Primitive as it is, the method has the virtue of easy testing:
You can move your opaque shield across the surface in steps , as many as
you can fit in, pick one that looks promising and try on a larger area.

(Or maybe you already ried that? )

J.