[alt-photo] Re: casein image

Alberto Novo alt.list at albertonovo.it
Tue Apr 5 15:19:22 GMT 2011

> The advantage is that one can be quite aggressive in the handling of a casein print without the fear of ruining it. Gum can be so—what's the word—wimpy, when it comes to handling. Casein is like heaven for the "hands on" artist. Most of the time I just do straight development—actually I like the "panning method" of development for both gum and casein. It's a real rush watching the image appear out of the murk and mire.

I am not very able with brushes, but I have used with success a garden
sprayer, which nozzle can be adjusted to obtain a very narrow to a very wide
jet. Playing with the amount of water and the distance from the nozzle, you
can achieve a variety of effects.
For a very hard surface, a short bath in very diluted ammonia or bleach will
soften it.

Alberto
www.grupponamias.com
www.alternativephotography.com/wp/photographers/rodolfo-namias-group