[alt-photo] Re: bottom-weighting mats

Tomas Sobota tom at sobota.net
Thu Dec 1 17:55:53 GMT 2011

Hi Diana,

Yes, the situation you describe is precisely what I was thinking of. We
keep talking of different paper textures, surface sheen,
three-dimensionality of carbon prints ... and then cover everything with a
glass to insure that during the exhibition all these attributes pass
unnoticed to visitors.

Glass has its virtues, to be sure, for UV (and fly poo) protection when
hanging long time on a wall, but I wonder if for short time exhibiting
purposes it wouldn't be better to leave it out. Your story would seem to
confirm this.

I exhibited glassless and matless prints a couple of times. A bit tricky to
keep them flat, but I'm not an expert in mounting either ...

Tom

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 5:50 PM, Diana Bloomfield <dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net