[alt-photo] Re: Fwd: Epson printer 3880

francis schanberger frangst at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 17:24:52 GMT 2011

There is a company called FixYourOwnPrinter (I think) that makes an inkjet
head cleaning solution. I bought it two years ago to correct a stubborn
clogged magenta ink jet head on a 2200. It didn't clear up the last missing
gap on the test pattern but the solution helped me avoid the numerous clean
head, print pattern, clean head, print pattern routines that ended up
killing the (non) service tank on my first 2200.

They provide you with a syringe with which you squirt the cleaning solution
onto the pads near the inkjet heads. The printer is then allowed to sit
overnight and the following day you commence the cleaning / print test
routine.

While I was using it with the second 2200 (with QTR) it seemed like the the
heads didn't need to be cleaned as often. Currently I am using an Epson 4800
exclusively and my last 2200 is gathering dust in the basement waiting for
the next time I do a workshop.

I found their url: http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/

-francis

--