[alt-photo] Re: digital negatives on a Canon Printer

Mark Edwards mark_d_edwards at sky.com
Wed Mar 2 22:50:03 GMT 2011

Hi Eddie,
	   I use a Canon i9950 for my digital negs and get about 2.1 on
pictorico. The best dmax seems to be obtained by using a dark yellow colour.
The 5100 uses pigment ink and my i9950 uses dye so I doubt the same rules
apply. If you are in the UK I would be willing to measure a set of colour
patches on my 361T for you. You may wish to look at getting a RIP for the
printer as you will get far more control of ink lay down.

Mark Edwards - South Wales, UK