[alt-photo] Re: New Wet Plate Collodion Video

Kerik Kouklis kerik at kerik.com
Mon Sep 5 19:30:42 GMT 2011

David, Diana and Joe, thanks for the kind words. Yeah, I feel pretty
lucky...

Diana, yes it's a suction cup thingy. It's made to stick on your shower wall
and hang a razor or a washcloth or whatever. I was taking a shower one day
when I was getting started with collodion and looked at that thing on the
wall and thought... Hmmmm... It works great. It turns out they made suction
cup devices for this purpose back in the collodion era. So I didn't really
invent it... rediscovered perhaps.

As for the mylar - I do most of my collodion work on trophy aluminum. It
comes coated on one side with black enamel paint which has a thin film of
plastic to protect the surface. You just peel of the plastic and the plate
is ready to pour.

-Kerik
www.kerik.com

Was