[alt-photo] Re: caseine patent

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Thu Sep 8 13:27:53 GMT 2011

Anke found the last patent I was looking for!

Anke is a GEM.

Unfortunately, most of the casein/photography stuff is mixing silver salts into the casein, as a replacement for gelatin or collodion. I'm trying to find the use of it with pigments, as comparable to gum printing, and it was not prevalent is an understatement. Thus Lupo's patent in the 50s using pigments, which was what inspired Franklin Enos, is more what I am looking for. Enos inspired Theissen, and so on and so forth (found mentions on the process in Deborah Flynn's book, Laura Blacklow's book...).

Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com