[alt-photo] Re: The Illusive Black Cyanotype - Any Insight?

Francesco Fragomeni fdfragomeni at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 22:06:04 GMT 2011

Hi Loris,

This particular experiment with the gallic acid toning was done on dry
prints but only because I'm waiting on a replacement contact printing frame
to arrive so I couldn't make fresh prints. I do suspect that the results
will be different to some degree with fresh prints that haven't had the time
to age or oxidize.

I'm very interested in trying the lead acetate toning. The recipe I want to
try calls for a 5% w/v lead acetate solution (cited in Mike Ware's book). I
need to figure out where I can get the lead from. I haven't begun researched
this yet so if you have any ideas of where I can get lead acetate from it
would be helpful.

I have cleared using citric acid in past experiments and I'll give that a go
in my next round of experiments.

Thanks for your insight!

-Francesco