[alt-photo] Re: an alternative to alternative

KISS BOB bobkiss at caribsurf.com
Sun Apr 1 19:36:46 GMT 2012

DEAR DIANA,
      I think we agree on everything.  I was pointing out
two different things:
1) I was refuting the suggestion (not yours, that of the
aforementioned gallery owner) that people who buy photo
prints don't care about the print medium.
2) I was pointing out that the gallery owner who shows
some of my prints agrees with us...EDUCATION is 90% of
selling prints, once a viewer has expressed interest.
      I agree with you completely and would never suggest
that we should not invite the PAL to see our work and,
with education, turn as many as possible into savvy
collectors.  But we must NOT allow the PAL to influence
the medium in which we express our vision.  We must do
creatively what we must do and hope that our audience will
continue to buy while evangelising our beloved media to
the PAL.
*****Please note that I am recovering from total left hip
replacement two weeks ago and still taking strong
painkillers.  If I make less sense than usual, please
forgive me.  Who knows, perhaps I make MORE sense while
taking these things!  ;-))
                CHEERS!
                   BOB