[alt-photo] Re: Clearprint Vellum 1020 vs 1000H

Peter Blackburn blackburnap at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 13 16:55:09 GMT 2012

Hi Kerik: My question for you is do you find working with vellum is bit "chancy?" I've only worked with lighter weights of vellum in the past for negative production and not the heavier weights. I've never printed on it. It certainly has a marvelous, smooth surface for printing, but it seems it doesn't take much to crease, crinkle and wrinkle. And what happens should a second party spill a drop of water on it?  I have the impression, maybe wrongly, that vellum is "high maintenance" in addition to being a bit hard on the wallet, especially in the heavier weights. Thanks for your input!
Peter J. Blackburn